The Minudie Heritage Association is seeking additional members. $15 is the annual individual membership fee or $25 for a Family Membership.
Your membership will give you an opportunity to gain insight and knowledge of historic Minudie and Barronsfield.
You can learn about:
- The Mi’Kmaq - the earliest known inhabitants of Minudie and their culture
- The Acadians - their robust culture and influence, and their tragic history
- The leading historical figures of the day and their important contributions to the growth of Minudie and the surrounding area. You will learn about people such as Frederick Wallet DesBarres, Edward Barron (Barronsfield), and Amos “King” Seaman.
A member can become a volunteer with the following:
- The Lake Cemetery
- St. Denis Church
- Amos Seaman School Museum
- Seaman United Church
- Amos Thomas Seaman House (formerly the home of Ruth Symes)
- The Community Hall
Members may also wish to help out with community events such as Minudie Day, The Blessing of the crops, or participate in the annual Quilt Show.
Membership entitles you to a vote at the annual general meeting and the opportunity to become a director of the Minudie Heritage Association.
To become a member contact:
Joy Gray – Membership Chair, PO Box 113, River Hebert, N.S. B0L 1G0